The Brussels Labour Annual General Meeting which takes place on Wednesday 25 March 2015 at 19:30.
We are delighted to announce that Theresa Griffin MEP will be the guest speaker, following the official AGM business.
The meeting will be held at the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS), Rue Montoyer 40, Brussels. Doors open at 19:00; the AGM begins at 19:30 and Theresa Griffin MEP will speak following the official AGM business.
1. Apologies for absence
2. Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of 19 March 2014
- A draft of these minutes will be distributed to members via email in due course.
3. Officers’ Reports for 2014/2015:
4. Approval of 2014 accounts and Auditors’ report
5. Election of the Committee (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and six other members) and two Auditors
- Committee members must be members of Labour International and at least 50 per cent must be women
- To nominate or vote at the AGM you must be a Labour Party member and have paid your subscription: please bring your party membership card to the meeting.
- Nominations must be received by the Secretary by 18 March 2015 at 18:00 CET – please contact the Secretary to receive a form via which you can nominate any eligible person for any of the positions listed above.
- If you would like to support the Executive Committee without standing for a formal position, please do not hesitate to contact the Secretary – all support is welcome!
6. Adoption of political resolutions, guidelines and constitutional amendments for which appropriate notice has been given
- Proposals must be tabled in writing before the AGM.
- The Brussels Labour Constitution and Standing Orders are available here.
7. Amount of Subscription for 2015/2016
- 2015 subscriptions can be paid in cash at the AGM to the Treasurer, Belinda Pyke
- Alternatively, they can be paid by bank transfer to account number: 001-1128765-52 (IBAN: BE64 0011 1287 6552; BIC: GEBABEBB) in the name of Brussels Labour Party Group, at BNP Paribas Fortis, with the communication: ‘[name] Subscription [year]’.
- Rates are €25 (standard membership) or €5 (stagiaires).
- Please click here for a membership form.
8. Proposals (if any) to affiliate to other organisations
9. Proposals (if any) to commit expenditure exceeding €500 from Branch funds
10. Labour International Co-ordinating Committee and Labour International activities
11. Sister Party activities
12. Any Other Business