Britain’s connection with Europe is more important than ever: Brexit may have removed our seat at the table, but we still need strong relationships with our friends and neighbours across the union.
Brussels Labour has been helping Britain’s politicians navigate the corridors of power in the EU for the last 50 years. Although our role may have changed since Brexit, we still have an important role to play connecting Labour’s MPs to Europe and maintaining the party’s links to Brits living and working in Belgium.
To celebrate half a century of making a difference, we’re having a special 50th anniversary event on 25 October at the unique venue of the Town Hall on Grand Place, Brussels. We’d love for you to join us.
What can you expect from our evening of celebration?
- Witty words and canny insights on Britain’s relationship with Europe from political economist, academic leader and journalist, Will Hutton
- Inspiring commentary from Secretary of State of the Brussels-Capital Region and social inclusion champion, Ans Persoons
- Reflections on the branch’s many achievements over the last 50 years from chair of Brussels Labour, Imogen Tyreman
- Networking with friends, old and new
- A delicious buffet dinner of seasonal hors d’oeuvres
- An open bar
- A unique opportunity to enjoy the Salle Gothique and Salle de Mariage in Brussels Town Hall
When: Wednesday 25 October 2023, from 7.30pm til late
Where: The Town Hall, Grand Place, Brussels
Tickets: 90€ per person, or 35€ for unwaged and stagiares
To book: Eventbrite or firstname.lastname@example.org
Image credit: Trougnouf (Benoit Brummer), CC BY 4.0 via Wikimedia Commons